Automotive adhesives are high performance structural glues that take very little time to cure and are capable of offering excellent bond strengths both to dissimilar and similar substrates. These cementing agents are created for improving vehicle performance and are also known for enhancing the car’s comfort and safety features by making it lighter. You can use these glues for completing a wide range of installation and repair jobs. They have both exterior and interior applications, for instance, you can use them to repair deck lid flanges, hoods, interior dashboards, doors and roof panels of cars. Automotive adhesives are formulated specially for sticking surfaces made from steel, aluminum and other metals together. They have emerged as perfect substitutes of mechanical fasteners and welds and have played big role in increasing the durability and reducing weight and manufacturing costs of modern-day vehicles.
What are the main reasons behind the popularity of these cementing agents? As mentioned in the section above, automotive adhesives are instrumental in replacing mechanical fasteners and welds to join different kinds of dissimilar and similar substrates. The main reason, for which they have become the most common choice when it comes to repairing vehicle parts, is: they don’t require priming or degreasing to join car parts. If you use these glues, you will not more be the victim of issues like failure and fatigue in areas surrounding the fasteners and welds. To know more about the reason behind the popularity of these cementing agents, get acquainted with their benefits:
• They are capable of increasing the overall stiffness of your car allowing it to offer improved acoustic performance and handling.
• These cementing materials are capable of decreasing costs by minimizing weld spots. When these adhesives are used, manufacturers can opt for mid-strength steels instead of using high-strength steels.
• Use of these cementing materials reduces weight of a vehicle significantly, which in turn decreases CO2 emissions.
• The durability of a car’s body and chassis increases notably after application of this glue type. This ability of the bonding agent makes it a perfect remedy for failure and fatigue found around the fasteners and spot welds.
• You can use these glues to successfully prevent occurrence of corrosion triggered by environmental conditions.
• The manufacturing procedures of the majority of the modern-day vehicles involve use of automotive adhesives. Laboratory analysis of these vehicles has revealed that use of structural adhesives make their parts more crash resistant and that too without increasing their overall body weight.